Hot Stone Massage
Hot stone massage is a specialty massage that uses smooth, heated stones, otherwise known as basalt, a black volcanic rock, that absorbs and retains heat well which helps tight muscles release. The therapist will use hot stones together with the use of essential oils which restores balance for the mind and body.
What does a Hot Stone Massage involve?
The massage therapist often begins by applying oil to the body, which allows the hot stones to glide smoothly along the muscles. After the hot stones have relaxed the muscles, the massage therapist uses their hands to directly massage the skin. The stones are also placed on points that are thought to be energy centers of the body to rebalance the mind and body.
Who is suitable for a Hot Stone Massage?
The warmth of the hot stones is comforting and you can have it for relaxation. It is also suited to you if you tend to feel chilly or have cold feet. If you have muscle tension but prefer a lighter massage, the hot stone massage is also suited for you, because the heat relaxes muscles, allowing the therapist to work the muscles without using deep pressure.
What are the benefits of a Hot Stone Massage?
- Ease up muscular pain
- Relieves back pain
- Aids better sleep
- Loosen up sprains and strains
- Improves circulation
- Relieves symptoms related to rheumatism and arthritis
- Promote overall well-being through its relaxing effect on the entire human musculature
- Alleviate stress, anxiety and depression
- Clients who have undergone several stone massage sessions have observed physical rejuvenation and stamina free of pain and localized muscle sores
Duration: 1 hour
TOP OF PAGE