Indian Head Massage
The head is the crown of the body, the epicenter of all thought, action and life. Indian head massage is based on the ayurvedic system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a thousand years. This is excellent for the clarity of the mind as it releases the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of the head, face, neck and shoulders.
What does an Indian Head Massage involve?
The therapist uses a range of different movements including application of deep kneading and compression movements over the neck, shoulder and scalp areas. In addition, the therapist will also gently stimulate and stroke pressure points on the upper back and arms.
Who is suitable for an Indian Head Massage?
Indian head massage is especially good for relieving stress, tension, fatigue, insomnia, headaches, migraine and sinusitis. Clients report that the experience is deeply calming and relaxing, leaving them feeling energised, revitalised and better able to concentrate.
What are the benefits of an Indian Head Massage?
- Increase joint mobility and flexibility in the neck and shoulder
- Brings oxygen and nutrients to the skin and brain
- Improves blood circulation and lymphatic flow
- Frees knots of muscular tension, relaxes connective tissue, and aids in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products
- It is particularly good for reducing the effects of stress and tension.
- Clearer thinking and improved concentration
- Aids memory
- Reduces tension in the eyes which may be strained using your PCs or laptop
- Cope better under mental pressure
Duration: 45 mins
TOP OF PAGE